Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's summer time


95,471 miles

Wish I had more to write about but I just don't drive that much. When I drive local I wil use my electric golf cart and since the kids are out for the summer I will use my wife's Ford Hybrid Escape and try and stay on electric for most of the ride. Other then adding a pint of oil everything is fine.

I do feel that this car is not as robust as my sedan that I originally converted. This car burns oil (even before the conversion) and doesn't get that great of gas mileage. I think the car is more of a lemon so I don't know how well it will take the conversion in the long run.

I believe I've said this before but one could look at the conversion as more of a season thing. The doughnut tank doesn't lend itself to this kind of driving because it is so small and not practical.Only switch to oil in the summer months because I don't know how it is possible to get the oil hot enough for the switch over in the winter months - and I have mild winters. I find the best practice for getting the engine/oil hot enough in the least amount of driving is to drive a short distance on diesel and stop the car and let the heat radiate throughout the engine/oil - such as doing a short errand.

No comments:

Post a Comment